Mercy Education Limited (Mercy Education) is an incorporated ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG), charged with operating all educational ministries for which the Institute has sole sponsorship. Mercy Education is one of the many works operated by the Institute throughout Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Mercy Education will operate at all times as part of the mission of the Catholic Church in conformity with canon law and in strict conformity with the ethical framework of the Institute as determined by the Institute Leader and Council from time to time.
ISMAPNG is involved with 12 fully-sponsored schools — eight in Victoria, three in Western Australia and one in South Australia. The governance role of the Board of Mercy Education is confined to the 12 ISMAPNG-sponsored schools and sets policies, approves each school’s strategic plan, appoints Principals, approves senior leadership positions and fulfils due diligence in the area of finance and audit management, capital development, risk management and litigation.These schools are:
- Academy of Mary Immaculate, Fitzroy, VIC
- Catherine McAuley College, Bendigo, VIC
- Mercedes College, Perth, WA
- Mount Lilydale Mercy College, Lilydale, VIC
- Our Lady of Mercy College, Heidelberg, VIC
- Sacred Heart College, Geelong, VIC
- Santa Maria College, Attadale, WA
- Sacred Heart College, Kyneton, VIC
- St Aloysius College, Adelaide, SA
- St Aloysius College, North Melbourne, VIC
- St Brigid’s College, Lesmurdie, WA
- St Joseph’s College, Mildura, VIC
Mercy Education is the Employer of the Principal and staff of the Mercy colleges. The existence of Mercy Education gives strength, support and solidarity to each of the member Mercy schools and its community.
Catherine McAuley wanted first and foremost for her schools to live and to teach the Good News revealed in Jesus Christ. The Mercy Charter reminds us of our commitment to Catherine’s vision and as a lens through which we can embrace the Gospel message. It inspires us to strive for excellence in learning and achieve student success.